With social media posts about wild travel experiences or the occasional negative post on a travel experience to a foreign country, many students may be nervous about traveling abroad to study for the first time.
Rest assured that thousands of students, including families, have studied safely in paradise with Nosara Spanish Institute since 2010 and we’re proud to say many of our students are repeat visitors to Nosara.
With a few simple measures, you too can experience the peaceful, educational and transformative Pura Vida of studying in our little jungle town on the beach.
First, our campus is located in a central area of Playa Guiones and the Tourist Police office is only a short walk from the school. In case of medical issues, the closest bilingual doctor’s office in town is only a 3-minute walk from the school.
Second, to help protect against any unforeseen issues, we highly recommend students purchase travel insurance. Many options can be compared and purchased easily online.
Lastly, below are some commonsense steps that will help ensure your studies here in Costa Rica are both safe and enjoyable:
– Do not leave anything of value unattended at the beach (including flip flops)
– Remember to close and lock windows and doors at night or when you leave
– Never leave anything of value in your car, especially at the beach
– Carry a flashlight at night
– Do not share your travel plans or information with people you do not know
– Only book tours or accommodations through known businesses